Thursday, September 10, 2009

Home again, home again, jiggity-jig.

We're here! Got in at about 8PM Tuesday at the end of a 400+ mile day.

It seems we got behind our daily schedule by stopping in Eureka and Ely, Nevada and ending up in Pioche rather than Las Vegas. Hence the 400 miles the last day.

We could have stayed out another day but got caught up in "get-home-itis."

Like I said, we got home about 8PM and walked into the house and said "Wow!" It's beautiful! You see, Cheryl had hired a young lady to do a top to bottom house cleaning and to finish the job just before we got home. So the whole house was shining like a new penny.

We brought in just the few items we'd need in the morning and then put on our buffs and jumped into the pool. After that we collapsed into bed and zonked our way through the next eight hours.

In the morning I treated myself to a fifty-gallon shower. It was pure heaven. The trailer provides 6-gallons of hot water at a time which means 3-minute showers. Doable, but not relaxing.

After that we unloaded all our clothing and the food from the trailer. Then I took it up to the dealer to wash out the tanks and to buy some replacement and upgrade parts for fixes and changes I decided to do while on the trip. Each time we go out I come up with new ways to make the camper just a bit better. The fun never stops.

Today I washed the trailer. I've found that there are only two days when a trailer looks really good. The day before a trip and the day after a trip. Other than that it only ever looks as good as Moma Nature wants it to look.

So that's it. Unless Cheryl wants to post something.

The trip is over. Bikes are coming into the shop. Business is ramping up and drudgery and boredom are looking at me from around the corner. I swear that becoming full timers is looking better and better each day.

'Till next year,
Love,
Yodar, Yodera, and Yodette the Wonder Pup.

No comments:

Post a Comment