Friday, August 13, 2010

Pictures Along Green River Path







Hi Everybody!

I took pictures with my cell phone today, but alas I haven't been able to get them off of there yet! Here are some pictures I took with my camera the other day of an historic house right along the path where I walk the dogs. Evidently this house has been there since the late 1800s and this spot on the Green River had a grocery, and a post office. It was a popular dock to stop by when you were floating down the river. I loved the front porch with the tree limb reaching the entire length of the porch railing. In a picture from the 1890s this tree was just a little sapling. The gingerbread trim is just the same now as way back when. I'll try to get some pictures of Green River, the amazing golf course, and Russell Park tomorrow and post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment