Friday, July 26, 2013

July 26, 2013.  Cody Wyoming.

Frank:  Odd thought 1:  If you ever decide to have a water pump failure while on vacation, try to schedule it in a small to mid-sized town (Sheridan, Wyoming is good) where there is a (your brand) dealer six blocks from where you notice the water gushing out of the bottom of the engine.  Also schedule it on a day when you had already decided to stay in that small to mid-sized town so you don’t lose any vacation days.  And, oh yeah, if the dealer is a) nice, and b) competent, and c) puts you right at the top of the schedule, those are nice points also.

Odd thought 2:  Today, as we drove on Route 14 from Sheridan to Cody, and were at 8740 feet up in the air, 50 miles in either direction from anyplace, with the tranny in low gear, the engine turning 4000 rpm, and the speedo showing 35 mph, and I sure was glad the water pump had pooped out the day before in Sheridan.  Even though we have Good Sam (free) emergency towing service I sure didn’t want to test it way out and up there.

Odd thought 3:  Going up to 8740 feet is fun (?) and going down from 8740 feet is just as much fun (?)!

Odd thought 4:  Greg Brown is an old hippy-dippy-beatnik who plays a mean guitar but mumbles the words to his songs.  If you are a fan (Cheryl is) and know the words (she does) he can be most enjoyable.  I’m not, and I don’t, so I managed to catch some shut eye during most of his songs.  Cheryl didn’t notice so the evening came off OK.

Odd thought 5:  Wyoming Route 14 is staggeringly beautiful.  One of those roads you really should add to your Bucket List.

Odd thought 6:  I hate the popularity of, “Bucket List.”

Odd thought 7:  The Buffalo Bill Museum here in Cody is said to be a two-day experience.  We’ve allocated all day tomorrow so I guess I will find out.

Odd thought 8:  A friend just sent me this link to a song by Billy Joel.  I think I may have found my new personal song.  After all, I’ve ridden my motorcycle in the rain many times.

Odd thought 9:  My previous personal song was, “It ain’t me babe” by Johnny Cash.

Odd thought 10:  Cheryl and my, “Our Song” is, “Love is a rose” as sung by Linda Ronstadt.

Odd thought 11:  That’s all.

Ride On!

Frankie

No comments:

Post a Comment