Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 2 - Crossing New Mexico

Frank: OK, you know how I said RV parks are like a box of chocolates? Well, think about that piece of candy you bit into and it tastes like chocolate-covered cow poop. The one you can’t spit out because there are too many people around you. That’s our RV park for tonight. Grim city. Hot. No trees. Dusty, another Woodall’s directory success story.

We stopped here because it’s another 180 miles to Dodge City, Kansas and that was just too much farther to go today.

That’s it. I’m tired. Here’s Cheryl.

Cheryl: Okay, so somebody I know is very tired and grumpy tonight. At least we have a cable TV hook up and a sketchy Wi Fi connection that may or may not allow us to post this blog tonight. I’m just glad we’ve come to ground and can watch the news and cozy up with our favorite DVDs we brought along. I wet the dogs down so they would cool off while the trailer cools off, and I’ve got a cold cloth on the back of my neck. Hey, life is good! Besides I just talked with daughter, Stacie, and it’s her 42nd birthday. Just thought I’d share that little tidbit with the world. She’s going out to dinner with the kids and having chocolate cupcakes later on to celebrate.

So far, my preplanning has worked out (if you overlook the “grim” campground that had a glowing description and is a Good Sam park). I had planned the first night for Gallup and as you heard, we scored big and the 2nd night for Tucumcari. After that my planning went wrong because I forgot we were avoiding Oklahoma due to the disaster we had two years ago when the huge trailer hitch we have actually got bent from the way Route 40 caused the trailer to porpoise and us to scream and yell. No more Oklahoma for us. We had a bit of a wavy, scary ride with proposing around Albuquerque today, but managed to survive with only a few things dislodged inside the trailer.

All in all there's not much to report about New Mexico. We're just glad to be moving on tomorrow morning. Catch you later.

Love and hugs,
The Cookie Monster, Big Bird, Ernie and Deputy Dawg

2 comments:

  1. Found the comments button! Tiny....

    Glad you're settled in for the night. Hope you have a great day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, Mom, GramsJuly 8, 2011 at 6:08 AM

    Hooray, Kimberly! We love comments!

    ReplyDelete