Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 3 - Thursday Morning - Tucumcari, NM

Hello! The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and all is right with the world!
Yeah, I got a reeeeeal good night's sleep last night and I feel . . . OK.

Cheryl just finished her 6-gallon shower and the water heater is doing its fast recovery bit, so I shall jump in there in just a moment and continue this metamophosis from grumpy old man to happy go lucky normal self.

So, here are a few odd thoughts I wrote the other day.

1. It’s a fact that when you transition into the nether world of RV’ing a new awareness suddenly manifests itself. You notice that RV’s are everywhere! Big un’s, little un’s, middle size un’s. Everything from huge 50’ long Class A’s towing full size cars to little pop-ups behind mini-cars. And usually there’s an older couple in the big un’ and a family of six in the little un’. My, ain’t life interesting.

2. RV camps are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get. Half the time we use the Woodall’s RV Directory and read, select, and call ahead. Half the time we get on-line, find sites and read, select, and call ahead, and the other half the time we just see a little blue RV sign on the side of the road at the right time of the day and follow it to an unknown, take a chance municipal park. In all cases we have variously found ourselves in heaven, hell, and in between.

3. Two years ago in Sturgis a huge rain storm rolled in and I frantically fought to get the Norton into the trailer before the reported hail hit us. I dropped the ramp and gunned the bike hard and don’t’cha know I spun the rear tire and burned a black stripe into the spiffy plastic tiles I had so lovingly installed on the ramp. We finished that trip and the whole next trip to Canada with that black stripe p’ing me off every time I looked at it, which was basically all the time. So this year, just before we left I took the time to cut out the center 24” and installed a two foot wide strip of black, adhesive back non-slip tape. I even outlined it with aluminum edging and it looks real nice.

Our friend Suzanne sent this link to the Phoenix HABOOB: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEUyhLP3nyo&feature=share

You will have to cut and paste it. It's pretty amazing.

Frank & Cheryl
Peanut & Cleo

No comments:

Post a Comment