Saturday, August 20, 2011

Algorithm: Bucket List = Bucket List – 2.





Mark two more items off the Bucket List. We “did” the Alamo and Riverwalk today. I will post three of Cheryl's photos of Riverwalk but the photos of the Alamo will have to wait until I find a Radio Shack where I can get a cable to connect my camera directly to the computer. It seems I forgot to put the memory card back into my camera and today’s photos went into the camera’s internal memory and I need the aforementioned cable to get them out. Rats.

The last time I was at the Alamo was back in 1962 when I had just graduated Basic Training at Lackland AFB, just outside the city. That’s 49 years ago! Can you believe it? We saw lots of “slick sleeve” airmen walking around today. There went I ever so long ago. I spoke with one young kid. He was very nice. Called me “sir” a lot. God I feel old.

We’re back in the KOA. Cheryl is napping. I may go do some laundry if I can work up the gumption. We head west tomorrow and don’t know where we’ll end up. Somewhere about 300 miles or so from here. I’ll let you know.

Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment