Thursday, August 18, 2011

Baton Rouge - Leaving for Baytown, TX

Cheryl: We have great WiFi coverage here at the Baton Rouge KOA so I thought I'd at least let you know our plans. Tonight we'll be in Baytown, TX, at a KOA on the water. Tomorrow we'll arrive in San Antonio where we hope to tour the Alamo and see Riverwalk. After that it's run for the barn! Our plan is to be home by Thursday, August 25.

We had three wonderful nights sleeping with the windows open in Birmingham, AL, but here we're back to the heat and humidity. Our friends said we hit Birmingham during a cool spell. I'm hoping it will be cooler by the bay in Texas.

Frank: We are going to San Antonio to see their "River Walk" which I woulda sworn was in Austin. I guess they moved it. I'm glad we Googled it before we made our plans. Woulda been embarrasing to ask where it is in Austin only to be told "go to the end of town and make a left . . ." Gee, if you've been reading this blog all along that will sound familiar.

Love from
Maw and Paw Kettle and the dawgs
(You younger folks will probably have to look Maw and Paw Kettle up on the Internet)

No comments:

Post a Comment